Friday, August 28, 2009

Homemade Gift | Teacher Appreciation

Wow.  I just had three posts in a row that included a photo with a chair.  Time for something new… 

This week is my son’s last day in his room at our daycare (he’s a big preschooler now) and every year I try to make a homemade gift for his teachers.  This year I decided to do a “Thank you for helping me grow” gift.  I found the idea here. 

For the photo, I used Picnik (a free photo editing site) to add text to my photo.  I thought all of the fonts by Kimberly Geswein were the cutest for a message from a child.  I ended up using the ”Love Ya Like a Sister” font.  We also used bamboo skewers since we didn’t have popsicle sticks on hand.  We then planted our peace lilies in Kardemumma pots from IKEA - one for each teacher.  I also included a personal note from my husband and I in four different beautiful handmade cards made by my friend Danielle (check out here amazing cards here).

[Via http://mimosaandmocha.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment