Sunday, December 27, 2009

Watching the ball drop

Two and Two A, and Three and Three A are going to the Big Apple to see the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s Eve.

I miss them.

I miss them and I want to go with them.

One day we’re all together laughing, eating, drinking, opening Christmas presents and the next day they are off pursuing their own bucket lists.

It is bittersweet.

Bitter hbecause I miss them as I have said.

Bitter because I am envious and want to go with them.

Sweet because I would like to think that I have inspired them with my own dreams.

Like the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song (Teach Your Children) goes…”and feed them on your dreams…the ones they pick’s…the one you’ll know by”.

Yes they were in ships in safe harbor with us at home but that’s not what ships are made for!

So, I’ll have to feast on their dreams realized when I see them again.

In the mean time I’m sledding down Mt. Lucy off the back deck in a cardboard box with Nine!

She says I’m the most fun adult she knows and she loves me.

Thank God for our big brood. The are my compass.big

[Via http://losinglucy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment