Thursday, November 5, 2009

Brief Funnies...

Author’s note: In Spanish, corn is “maiz” (with emphasis on the ‘i’).

I was doing bird cards with a few children, including a bilingual (Spanish-English) 4-yr old girl.  I showed them a picture of an owl.   The children repeated: “owl”.

Girl: What do owls eat?

Me: Owls like to eat mice.

Girl: Oh, I like to eat maiz, too!!

****************

Continuing with the bird cards, I pulled out a swan.

Me: This is a swan.

Chorus of children: Swine…

Me: *sigh*

And we adults think kids aren’t listening when we talk…

************************

A conversation overheard this morning…

5 yr old boy: There was a woman who flew a plane, her name was Amelia Earhart.

4 yr old girl: Oh, my sister’s name is Amelia!

Boy: Yeah, her first name was Amelia, her middle name was Ear and her last name was Hart.

************************

No comments:

Post a Comment