Sunday, November 29, 2009

Too much tinsel

I haven’t put up our real Christmas tree yet.  I did, however set up an artificial one that my mom bought for us last year.  The boys were anxious to decorate.  It didn’t take long for me to put the tree together and it was nice that the fake tree came with the lights pre strung. After plugging the tree into the wall, I let the boys have at it.  They hung plastic shiny balls on the tree.  It was beautiful………and then they found it…….tinsel. 

The 2 packages of tinsel that I stuffed away in the cubboard last year had been discovered. Why didn’t I just toss that out when I had the chance?  The boys were extremely excited about the 2 bags, especially Matthew since he is so partial to shiny things.  As bad as I wanted to shout, “no tinsel!”, I couldn’t because I promised they could decorate that tree however they wanted. 

They were so proud when they finished.  They love the tree.  I like it too, even though it looks like it threw up.

[Via http://greatvillage.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment