Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Heroes, Whom I've Never Met

Tim is a young man I’ve seen pictures of that I’d like to thank. I’ve never met him, but I knew his folks back in my younger days.  But he looks to be honorable and courageous in his uniform. I don’t know his exact job in the service, but it all boils down to one job, he is a soldier. He follows orders, he may even give a few orders, I don’t know. But he goes far away from home and stands for our freedom and this great nation and that is all I need to know for me to call him my hero! To you Tim and all the others who put on the uniforms and serve, this nation can never begin to repay you enough.

I would be remiss not to mention two other heroes, Tim parents, Donna and Leonard. The courage it takes to let a child go fight is nothing less amazing than the courage of the soldier.  Tim is home right now for a visit from what I gather. I hope everyone that is around them during this time thanks these three heroes. They deserve our gratitude.

The dangers we face today are familiar. It’s war, whether we want to admit it or not. As this world seems  more insane by the minute, like the earth stopped and started spinning the other way. Our leaders don’t act like leaders, but more like spoiled brats squabbling in the school yard. They act more like a warped, twisted form of Hollywood, trying to get camera time, rather than governing the people in a representative republic.

In the mean time, we have a constant threat of fanatics who hide behind the protection of an insane, unwritten policy called political correctness with their religion as their shield, who’s only goal is to kill as many innocent people as they can.

This brings me to another hero to mention, Sgt. Kimberly Munley. She’s not in the same uniform as Tim. She’s a police officer.  She took a bullet while she put four bullets into a murderer, protecting Tim’s fellow soldiers. While the media plays the psycho babble analysis, giving this murderer (whose name doesn’t deserve any mention) more than his fifteen minutes of fame and politicians go on camera seeming almost troubled to make mention of anything but their agenda, Kimberly, quietly unassuming, is a hero!

Our heroes are in the background, while politicians and hollywood types are paraded in front of us by the media, like fools and jesters to entertain and distract the masses, so they won’t remember want it is to feel national pride and be patriots. So they can try to destroy our identity as Americans and shred the fabric of our country and our Constitution. We will not let this happen.

The next time you bump into someone in a uniform, thank them for being a hero. Bring them to the foreground and remember those who have fallen before. Forget the ticker tape parade for the Yankees, all they did was win some child’s game! There should be a parade in the streets every day for those who have sacrificed, so those over grown and over paid children can play a game in a free country. Honor those who truly deserve honor! Remember all of our heroes, whom we’ve never met.!

P.R. Knuhob

No comments:

Post a Comment