Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lunch at Lingham

Steve Leigh, headteacher at Lingham Primary in Moreton insisted on taking my photo when I told him it was over 35 years since I’d eaten a school dinner!  Although you cant see lunch it was curry and rice with carrots and potato wedges and for dessert a piece of flapjack – I declined the custard, my memories of school custard aren’t nice, although I’m sure it’s improved since then!

Lingham Primary is part of the Healthy Schools Programme and is organised by primary teacher, Sue Scregg – Sue and I go back a long way, her father was the vicar of St Luke’s in Poulton and she and I attended Sunday School together.  The Programme aims to help children understand they can make a choice over what they eat, through education.  They hold regular events during the school year with emphasis on fitness and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment