Sunday, October 18, 2009

God is in control…God is in control…God is in control…

No, this isn’t a repeat of yesterday’s entry.  The past 24 hours have been mind blowing, to say the least.  Just four hours after writing the last entry, and selecting the passage that I did, I was hit with the news that my wife and I are having another baby!  HOLY COW.  I think had I not read my Proverbs for the day yesterday, and not written what I did, I would have taken the news a lot harder (we weren’t exactly preventing it, but not exactly trying, either).  But, God is in control.  He has blessed us with another child when He has decided would be the perfect time.  I can’t argue.

Today’s chapter is, wait for it, Proverbs 17!  The selected passage for the day is Proverbs 17:6

Children’s children are a crown to the aged,and parents are the pride of their children.

There were a few passages in this chapter dealing with children, but this one was the nicest.  I hope that my children can be the crown that they are supposed to be, and I hope  my wife and I can be the pride that we are supposed to be.  Things will be different and rough, but it will all be better in the end.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I just want to thank You SO MUCH for the honor of being a steward of another one of your angels.  The child that I currently have has been such a blessing, and to have another is such a great thing.  I hope that You will bless us with the means to care and provide for our family as it expands.  Also please bless my wife and my unborn as they continue to grow that they will stay healthy.  Please bless my unborn that he/she will grow without complications, and will be born happy and healthy.  Please bless us that we will be able to raise both of these children to love and know You, so that we can be the pride that you want us to be.

I say these things in the name of Thy Son, Jesus Christ

Amen

SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment