Friday, September 4, 2009

Another exchange

A tough morning.  S wakes up in the middle of the night these days, crying.  Nightmares.  She wakes in the morning crying wondering what we are doing.  M wakes up cranky.  She doesn’t want to eat breakfast or sit down anywhere.  She just wants to do her own thing.

After breakfast, they both go off and take a few minutes to play with something on their own.  M asks for some help washing her face, since she still had jelly remnants on it.

M:  Oh, Maddy’s leap pad makes me so happy.  I like the sound.

me:  I like it, too.

M:  What makes you happy, Mommy?

me:  umm…you and S make me sohappy.

big smile on her face.  M:  we do?

me:  yes.

M:  Then why were you yelling at us?  That isn’t something happy people do.

me:  Well you 2 weren’t listening very well, and both of you were cranky, making me cranky.

M:  So we weren’t making you very happy.

me:  You 2 usually make me happy, especially happy when you are both listening nicely and sharing nicely.

M:  Do we do that a lot?

She couldn’t take it at face value, could she?  M had to dig around, and I didn’t want to go down that conversation.  Sigh.

[Via http://blindlyflying.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment