Thursday, September 24, 2009

Children, The Things They Say

The boys have done a few things to ‘amuse’ us this week, I thought I’d share them with you before I forget.

The other day I thought I was going nuts, every time I went into the kitchen I thought I could smell something horrible.  So I was going around sniffing everything trying to find what it was, but had no luck.  After tea I was doing the dishes and Oliver was playing with the drawers in the table.   Hubby suddenly says ‘er, why is there a dirty nappy in the drawer?’.  I usually put nappies by the back door, ready to go in the bin next time I go out, Olly had obviously decided to hide it in the meantime.  Luckily the bag hadn’t broken, otherwise it would’ve been even more disgusting.

On the same day whilst I was eating my tea, Danny came running through to the kitchen all excited saying ‘Mum, did you know you can now turn your gold into cash?’, one of the adverts had just been on the telly.  So I asked him how I could do it, and very seriously he replied ‘well, you add a bit of sugar, and a bit of honey, give it a stir, then put it in the oven.’.  So the secret’s out, it’s as easy as that.

Last night, hubby came out of the bathroom after having a shave.  It only happens every 5 or 6 weeks, so it’s quite a drastic change.  Danny took one look at him and said ‘Yay, you look like a real daddy now!’.  I don’t know why he didn’t look like one before, but Dan was very happy.

Last week at his gymnastics class the instructor asked Dan what he liked best about being in ‘big’ school.  Danny replied ’school dinners’, she then asked him what he liked best about school dinners, he answered ‘eating them!’.  Well obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment