Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sniff My Butt-I Want To Know You!

You know that sausage is a man in disguise…

This subject struck me as I was walking my dogs, Angel and Princess this evening. I stumbled across two kids who were screaming with joy when they got to play with them. As we were running around on the grass, Princess decided to stop in the middle of the fast paced action and take a poop. The little girl squatted next to her, leaned forward and stared at my dog’s butt as the turds were rolling out. In her words: “Eeewwww, look at where it is coming from. It smells!” So innocent, so cute, simply observing the straight facts.

Angel, my other dog, didn’t waste a second, but ran up behind her and sniffed her butt as if the latest gourmet meal had been dispensed out of there. Princess looked suspicious, but didn’t object. This time the little boy spoke up: “That’s how they get to know each other. So they know what they like to eat and do and play. That’s to see if they can be good friends.” I almost fell over laughing. Pure genius!

Why haven’t humans come up with that? really! Why are we wasting time on long tedious dates that really lead you wondering why anyway? A good sniff could take care of all the data you needed and if the flavor wasn’t your cup of tea, you could just move on to the butt next to you. I think we have something to learn from the animals…

[Via http://anneliadolfsson.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment