Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Father figure

As I watch my husband and son interact it makes me think alot about my upbringing. I grew up in a single parent home raised by my mother. There was no father figure in our home. Yes men came and gone and the only thing the brought to my life was more siblings. I never had the opportunity to watch a man teach his child, speak goodness into his child, discipline his child, or simply hold his child and tell him that he loved him.

My husband adores our children and does nothing but prove it to them by his actions. He was there when Mikael took his first shaky steps (while i recorded it) and it was him who was there when Daneya started crawling (while i recorded it). He was there when Mikael said his first sentence ever “I love you dada” and when Daneya first said “I love you dada”. (they both said this around their 6th month of life (i have the recordings to prove it). Mama always came second….;-D

When Mikael was an infant i used to be over protective of Mikael, coming from a childhood of molestation i didnt trust a man at all to be so close to a child so i would always rush to change my son first and i would always volunteer to have Mikael sleep on my side of the bed. Ive never seen a man hold his child and sleep before. Heck, ive never had a daddy to hold me but deep down inside i wish my father was there to hold me. Anyway, it was weird to watch the bonding between them.

When Daneya came a year later i knew that she was a blessed little girl. For she truly had the best dad in the world. She would always know that no matter what she was always loved. She would know not to settle for less from guys because daddy treated her like a princess. She would always know her worth and know that she wont have to be validated by loser guys…She would require the best!

My husband Tavaris is a joy and a blessing of God. He showed me what it means to have a father figure in the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment