Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flashback Fever

Holy 80’s flashback Batman!  Did you see those black and neon pink leggings?

I heard Cindy Lauper singing ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ as I walked through the halls of the elementary school this morning.

Ok, not really, but I wouldn’t have been a bit surprised if I had.

As a generation of parents, we’ve failed our children.  We forgot to teach them that 80’s fashion should NOT be repeated, reinvented, or reworn….EVER!

FringeBoy LOVES pictures!

Really.

I couldn’t help but laugh as a young teenage girl came strolling through the park the other day.  I was planted on a bench watching my daughter become ‘best friends’ with a girl she’d known for 2.7 minutes and watching my son run spazzy circles away from bees, when a girl in black and pink tights came walking by.  The tights were one things, but it was the denim mini-skirt, long printed T-shirt, and thick belt that sent me back to the seventh grade.

What are designers thinking?

They are preying upon our youth before they’ve had time to develop good fashion sense!

My daughter spotted that dress from a half a football field away.  Wal-Mart sold my daughter on a outfit from my youth.  In a moment of sleepy daze, I almost put her hair in a side pony-tail this morning.

I fear our children will one day regret the belts, leggings, and zippered skinny jeans.  I’m just thankful my little girl is too young to ask for purple mascara.

I never wore purple mascara…or blue…or green.  No that would have been tacky.

Happy School Daze!

[Via http://thedomesticfringe.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment